BE SAFE & RESPECT THE TRAILS
We welcome you to enjoy our Trails, and to please remember and respect the following points of etiquette:
- Read the description for the trail you are planning to enjoy and follow the guidelines
- Stay on the marked trails and do not take shortcuts
- Keep pets on a leash and clean up after them
- Respect the private property of residents living along the trails
- Stay to the right on a trail, and pass on the left
- Be courteous to fellow trail users
- Bike riders yield to both hikers and horseback riders; hikers yield to horseback riders
- Leave all trees, leaves, wood, rocks and plants for others to enjoy
- Remove all litter and leave the trail cleaner than you found it
- Respect the sounds of nature and avoid loud noises
- Departing from marked trails is permitted in meadowland and in open plantation forested areas. Please stay on designated trails in other forested areas, and near wetlands and private property.
- Do not create new trails
- Do not pick or damage vegetation.
- Please keep your dog on the leash for safety and wildlife reasons
- Cyclists yield to hikers. Sections of the access trail from Elgin Park Drive are quite narrow and cyclists should exercise caution.
- Carry out all garbage and litter
- Do not light fires
Do not feed or aggressively approach wildlife, including birds